History of the pension
The current appearance is based on the state of a mansion, which was built on ruins in 1837 and which served as an administrative building for the management of the granges of the Dlouhoveský’s family. Some of the structural elements are still noticeable today.
History of Kraselov
The first written reference to Kraselov is from 1356, but tradition speaks of the settlement of the countryside by Mr. Krasel and his castle (fortress) already in the ninth century. Owners of Kraselov have often changed over the centuries. In 1645, Adam Záborský of Brloh, after the previous invasion of the Buquoy army, repaired not only the St.Vavřinec church (built in 1384), but also built a castle and the brewery from the ruins of the fortress. However, half a century later, the mansion is called a ruin by Balbín.
The current appearance is based on the state of a mansion, which was built on ruins in 1837 and which served as an administrative building for the management of the granges of the Dlouhoveský’s family. Some of the structural elements are still noticeable today. Architecturally significant is the entrance to the Kraselovsky Dvůr, which is formed bt an early Baroque gate with volute extension with a painting of St. John of Nepomuk and the coat of arms of the Dlouhoveský’s.
Second half of 20th century
During the second half of the 20th century the mansion was used for the needs of the local JZD (collective farm). That left it in a desolate state in the 1990s.
Nowadays, at least part of the original court is after a difficult reconstruction. The original fortress will now welcome its guests under the name of Pension U sv. Jana – At st. John’s) since the statue of St. John of Nepomuk is situated on the village green. To the left of the statue is the already mentioned gate to the Kraselovský Dvůr.
Kraselovský Dvůr - original appearance
Historical photographs from the early 20th century
Pension - before the reconstruction
The appearance of the pension in the period prior to the reconstruction in 2003
Pension - before and after the reconstruction